I’ve made a number of optimizations in the lighting and in the surface cache drawing code. Some of those also benefited the Windows version, but the speed gain seems to be too small for the Dreamcast version. Anyway, I suspect some people may still prefer to play in 640x240 instead of 320x240, as the game does really look nicer on it now.
The mod menu bug is puzzling. The game does recognize the generated commandline (as shown by the “cmdline” command), but still refuses to add the mod directory (as shown by the “path” command). The mod menu still worked fine in the version 1.3.1, so I’ve checked for differences in both versions, and… there’s none!. Only the addition of the video refresh rate selection menu. And disabling it didn’t fix anything.
It looks like I’m going to release this version as it is.